- 1½ cups water
- 1½ cups local honey
- ¾ cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure Madagascar vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Dash of sea salt
1. Bring the water to a boil. Add the honey, lower the heat to medium-high and stir constantly until the honey has dissolved. Be careful that the honey doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.
2. Further lower the temperature to medium-low and add the raw cacao powder while whisking the mixture. Whisk constantly at a low boil for 5 to 6 minutes, smoothing out all the lumps and making sure the mixture doesn’t boil over. The longer the cooking time, the thicker the syrup will be.
3. Remove from heat and store in an airtight container for up to a month.